Wednesday, September 17, 2008

About this blog

Not many of you would have had the experience of cooking in your childhood. But I still remember the day I started my cooking. It was when I started assisting my mom in her cooking in my early teens. I used to observe her as she instructed me to take the right measures for preparing the masala for the curries.

Starting from preparing simple stuffs like the morning coffee / tea to a not so simple dish as preparing idli's and dosa's my passion to cook grew in leap and bounds as days passed. I always used to find cooking more interesting and sometimes it was amusing too. It was fun to see the dosa take it's shape after the battar was poured and spread onto the pan (tawa). It was also fun to see the chappati taking the shape of a continents like Africa or Ausralia. Those were the days when I was still learning the art of cooking.

This blog will contain posts not just of the recepies but anything and everything to do with things that would spice up your life and hence the name "Salt, Pepper and the Spices of Life".
Many of the indian recepies in this blog would be that of my mom with a slight tweak or two. Since I am a non-veggie, you would see a mix of dishes (both veg as well as non veg) being posted in this blog. The only thing that you would miss out would be the pictures.

No comments: